What does Beibu Gulf Economic Zone include?
Guangxi Beibu Economic Zone includes the cities of Nanning, Beihai, Qinzhou and Fangchenggang, their jurisdiction districts, and the transportation and logistics of the cities of Yulin and Chongzuo. Its total area is 42,500 square kilometers with a coastline of 1,595 kilometers. It is not only the most easily accessible passageway to the outside world in southwest China and a strategic place to sustain southwest development but also an international channel, bridge and platform for China-ASEAN cooperation and exchange. Its strategically favorable location and great potentials promise an excellent perspective for development. “We can say that the Zone has three features of locating along the coast, bordering a foreign country and being inner region at the same time. And this can make it a pilot and demo areas to interconnect China and the outside world, open up both within the country and to the outside world for common development.”
What is the functional positioning of Beibu Gulf Economic Zone?
Beibu Gulf Economic Zone, locating in the southwest, south and central-south of China and facing southeast Asia, is to interconnect east and west parts of China and serve as an important passageway, bridge and platform to promote cooperation and exchange between China and ASEAN countries, furthering China’s opening up and achieving common development in the region. The goal is to turn the Zone into bases of logistics, business and trade, processing and manufacturing and information exchange so as to support the strategic development in southwest China and become a major international economic cooperation region which is highly open to the outside world, strong in its radiation to neighboring areas, harmonious and ecologically sustainable.
What are the important roles of service industry in Beibu Economic Zone?
1. With its favorable location and deep water ports, Beibu Gulf Economic Zone endeavors to develop ocean transportation and speed up the construction of bonded logistics system in the cities and areas along the coast. The Zone, with China-ASEAN Expo as a platform, will make great effort to develop international goods and service trade and build a regional international base of logistics in Nanning. With the support of border trade, cross-border shopping and processing driven by export, it will set up a bonded area of business logistics. By enhancing cooperation with top enterprises of logistics at home and abroad, it will develop third-party logistics, speed up the construction of electronic ports and establish the service system of logistics network connecting ASEAN countries, the east part and west part of China and the Pearl River Delta.
2. The Zone will introduce various financial institutions, cultivate businesses of banking, insurance, securities, futures and trust, set up a number of new investment companies, explore the possibilities to establish industrial investment funds, encourage the development of venture investment enterprises, make the best use of direct financing, speed up the restructuring and reform of medium and small banks, and construct a modern financial service system so as to build Nanning into a regional international financial center. The Zone will soundly carry out the policy of letting banking and financial institutions entering the pilot areas in the countryside and make effort to establish a multi-level, wide-coverage and sustainable rural financial system.
3. The Zone will increase the capacity of post communication and telecommunication, promote E-business and E-administration, and develop the industries of geographical information and cartoons. It will improve hardware for information service and integrate the software at the same time, accelerate applications of information technology and turn itself into a comprehensive and professional regional international service center of information exchange between China and ASEAN countries so that it can provide information of business investment, finance, port transportation, product quality, inspection and quarantine, tourism, labor, science and technology, culture etc.
4. It is important to organize China-ASEAN Expo and China-ASEAN Business and Investment Summit in a unique and more efficient manner so as to better develop the exhibition business with better brands and marketing styles. The exhibition business in Guangxi, with its features, will integrate conventions, festivals, performances and contests so that it better interacts with tourism and business trade. To achieve this goal, it is imperative to construct and improve the infrastructures of exhibition and convention service in Nanning, Beihai and other cities in the Zone.
5. The Zone, with the guiding and regulating policies, will restructuring the commodity housing so as to meet different needs of residents. It will speed up the construction of economic housing and housing of low rentals to meet the housing needs of low-income residents. Nanning, Beihai and other cities in the Zone should bring the advantage of ecological habitat into full play and attract people and industries for healthy development of real estate in the Zone.
6. The Zone, with the excellent tourist cities as support, will bring its characteristics into full play and build the Zone into a regional international tourist destination and a center for tourism promotion. It will improve the tourist product system and develop tourist products of ecological tours, health and sport tours, hot-spring holiday tours, river and ocean cruises, golf tours, island tours, self-driving tours and leisure holiday tours. With the national 4A tourist resorts and scenic spots, it will foster excellent tourist products and construct the tourist circle along the gulf. In addition the Zone will enhance tourist infrastructure and establish systems of public service and safety and quality guarantee so that tourist service will be greatly improve.
What is Beibu Gulf Economic Zone’s 2008-2015 Talent Development Plan?
The period from 2008 to 2015 is a crucial period for Beibu Gulf Economic Zone to have spanning social and economic development in which talents play a strategic, fundamental and decisive role. Therefore, it is an important task to train and attract a large number of top-level and innovative leading talents with combined skills and knowledge and build up a innovative personnel capacity that is large in numbers, appropriate in structure and good in quality. The Zone endeavors to gain advantages to attract talents and offers favorable conditions for them to start up their businesses in the Zone. This talent development plan will facilitate its effort to construct the Zone and provide a guarantee to promote cooperation in Pan Beibu Gulf Region.
What are the needs for talents in Beibu Gulf Economic Zone?
In line with the industrial development goals set in “Guangxi Beibu Gulf Economic Development Plan”, This “Talent Development Plan” gives priorities to train and attract talents and professionals in the 9 areas of petroleum and chemical engineering, forest pulp production, energy, iron and steel, aluminum processing, food processing, marine industries, high-tech, logistics and modern service.
In the industries of petroleum and chemical engineering will need, directly or indirectly, 1,700 to 1,800 professionals in chemical engineering.
The forest pulp production will need 2,500 talents in forestry development and paper making engineering up to 2010, and up to 2015 the demand will increase to 3,900.
The energy industry will need 12,800 talents up to 2010 and up to 2015 the demand will be 16,100 in the areas of electrical engineering and nuclear physics.
Iron, steel and aluminium industries will need 51,500 talents up to 2010 and up to 2015 it will increase to 96,000 in iron and steel production, aluminium processing and ship building and maintenance.
The food processing industry will need 61,000 talents up to 2010 and up to 2015 the demand will increase to 85,500 in the areas of food processing, automation control, management and marketing for food processing enterprises.
The marine industry will need 40,700 to 41,700 talents up to 2010 and up to 2015 it will need 54,800 to 55,800 professionals in the areas of marine transportation, fishery, marine chemical engineering, pharmaceutical engineering, and coast tourism.
Modern service includes tourism, exhibition, convention and banking and financing service. Up to 2010 tourism industry will need 98,500, exhibition and convention sector will need 14,000 and banking and financing sector will need 27,000. Up to 2015 tourism will need 123,200, exhibition and convention sector will need 23,000to 28,000, and banking and financing sector will need 29,800 to 31,300.
The logistics industry will need 62,300 professionals in international trade up to 2010 and up to 2015 it will increase to 95,800.
Talents in high-tech areas will be mainly in software development, computer industry and network engineering, of them software development has a greater demand. At the same time professionals in bio-engineering, fine chemical engineering, marketing and professional management will also be greatly in demand. Up to 2010 the demand will be 31,300 and up to 2015 it will increase to 45,000.
What is the general goal of talent development?
The success of Beibu Gulf Economic Zone development lies in talents. Talents play a crucial role in improving the Zone’s core competitive competency. In today’s world, those who have talents will better compete in the international and regional arenas and will be successful in their development.
The Zone will make the best use of the existing talents while giving priorities to attracting talents on a large scale to the Zone. It will tap talents from domestic and international talent markets according to the needs of industrial development in the Zone. With more open concepts, a wider perspectives and more flexible systems, the Zone will embrace top-level talents badly needed so as turn it into an international highland of talents.
How to build talents highlands of industries?
With support of the key industries, projects and academic disciplines and institutions in the Zone, it will build a number of talents highlands at various levels in the areas of petroleum and chemical engineering, energy, iron and steel, forest pulp production, aluminium processing, machinery manufacturing, electronic information, bio-pharmaceuticals, marine industrial development, trade, bonded logistics, transportation, urban planning, tourism, exhibition and convention, banking and financing so that it will set up a number of talent-intensive bases in a non-conventional manner to train and attract talents of various levels for the development of the Zone.
How to build international talents highlands?
Beibu Gulf Economic Zone is an important place for cooperation between China and ASEAN countries as well as for the development in southwest China. With the construction of China-ASEAN free trade area, Guangxi will implement internationally oriented development plan, set up social and economic research institutions to attract top-level talents, prepare and build University of Beibu Gulf to train high quality personnel. In addition it will establish bases for new start-up businesses, a training base to train youths from China and ASEAN countries and internship bases for college students so as to store and reserve talents and professionals for the development of the Zone. Moreover, Guangxi will endeavor to personnel capacity building and turn out talents and professionals who will be familiar with international practice, have cross-cultural communication skills, competent in international cooperation and exchange and be innovative so as to lay a solid talent and personnel foundation for the cooperation between China and ASEAN countries.