According to the unified calculation results of Guangxi’s GDP, the whole city’s GDP in the first half of 2020 was 225.45 billion yuan, increasing by 2.3% over the same period of last year. Among them, the added value of the primary industry was 16.788 billion yuan, with a year-on-year growth of 2.0%; the added value of the secondary industry was 50.586 billion yuan, with a year-on-year growth of 1.5%; and the added value of the tertiary industry was 158.075 billion yuan, with a year-on-year growth of 2.5%.
1. Agricultural production was generally stable, and the planting industry maintained good momentum of development.
In the first half of the year, the output value of agriculture, forestry, animal husbandry and fishery reached 31.578 billion yuan, and increased by 2.0% over the same period of last year according to the comparable price. Agricultural production maintained good momentum of development. Vegetable output was 3.1899 million tons, increasing by 6.3%; fruit output was 1.5023 million tons, increasing by 15.5%; aquatic product output was 88,000 tons, increasing by 2.9%, and it changed from a decrease of 0.6% in the first quarter to a positive growth. The total volume of timber purchased and transported in the whole society increased by 3.5%.
2. Industrial production resumed rapidly, and enterprise benefits continued to be improved.
In the first half of the year, the city’s total industrial output value above designated size changed from negative growth to positive growth, increasing by 4.0% over the same period, and the added value rose with a change from a decrease of 3.6% in the first quarter to a year-on-year increase of 4.5%. In view of the five industries above designated size that accounted for a large proportion of the city’s industrial output value, the agricultural and non-staple food processing industry decreased by 10.8%; the manufacturing industry for computer communication and other electronic equipment, which accounted for more than 25%, increased by 17.3% year-on-year; and the non-metallic mineral product industry, tobacco product industry, as well as power and heat production and supply industry increased by 6.7%, 6.0% and 3.7% respectively. The sales rate of industrial products of industrial enterprises above designated size in the whole city was 95.4%, increasing by 5.2% over the first quarter. The total profits from January to May increased by 4.8%, with a growth rate increasing by 4.5% over the period of January and February.